Chip & PIN
As part of our commitment to providing you with the highest level of card security, your card is equipped with Chip & PIN protection. The encrypted microchip is virtually impossible to duplicate and works with your Personal Identification Number (PIN) instead of your signature for transaction verification.
With your Chip & PIN card, you never need to hand your card over to anyone to complete a transaction. Your private PIN replaces your signature, so your benefits include:
- Added peace of mind
- Increased security against unauthorized use of your card
- Increased security against counterfeiting and skimming
Your PIN Is Your PIN
Your PIN is unique to you. No one else can use your card without the PIN, so you can help ensure your own peace of mind by keeping your PIN private and protected. You can change your PIN at any time.
To establish or change your PIN, call 1.844.788.2725.
Using Your Chip Card
Making a purchase with your Chip card is simple, easy and secure:
- Place your card into the chip-reader terminal.
- Follow the onscreen prompts and click OK for the purchase amount.
- The terminal will request your PIN, which is used instead of a signature.
- Once your PIN is confirmed and the purchase is approved, your receipt will be printed.
Please note: You will be prompted when to remove your card. This may occur during the transaction or at the end of the transaction.
Chip technology has been proven effective in Canada and in more than 80 countries around the world. For situations where Chip technology isn’t available, your card will still have a magnetic stripe and our additional security measures.